Global Medical Care is committed to your right to privacy. Reference to “Global Medical” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to Global Medical AG and the relevant affiliates or subsidiaries involved in the data processing activity.
You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data (defined below). Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary. However, certain Personal Data is required for us to provide the Services to you. If you do not provide such Personal Data, we will not be able to provide the Services to you.
Our Website and Services are intended for Users over the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age for either providing consent to processing of Personal Data or using the Services in the relevant jurisdiction. Users under such age are not permitted to use the Services. If you are under such age you should cease to use the Services immediately. In certain jurisdictions using the Services may be restricted for Users under the age of 21.
In certain jurisdictions you may be entitled under applicable law to request review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that in case you request to erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, your use of the Services may be restricted or disabled.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ Personal Data to third parties. We only share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the provision of the Services to our Users, or other limited circumstances as specified herein.
2. About us
Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
Our site and registeration address is Dorfstrase 49, 8037 Zurich
Our company name is Global Medical AG
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at [email protected]
3. Data that we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
Under GDPR we will do our best so that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
4. Where we store your data
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment. By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Payment will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
5. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If this is needed to give you one of our services.
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group.
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
- We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
6. Usage of cookies
7. Your rights
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our formsor e-mail, or by contacting us at any time at [email protected]
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- to object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
8. Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
10. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
10.1 In the event that we use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from us.
10.2 The right described in section 10.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- the decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the you and us;
- the decision is authorised by law; or
- you have given you explicit consent.
10.3 Where we use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
11. Dispute Resolution
11.2 If any such dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations between the parties, or either or both is or are unwilling to engage in this process, either party may propose to the other in writing that structured negotiations be entered into with the assistance of a fully accredited mediator before resorting to litigation.
11.3 If the parties are unable to agree upon a mediator, or if the mediator agreed upon is unable or unwilling to act and an alternative mediator cannot be agreed, any party may within 14 days of the date of knowledge of either event apply to our lawyer to appoint a mediator under his mediation procedure.
11.4 Within 14 days of the appointment of the mediator (either by mutual agreement of the parties or by our lawyer in accordance with their mediation procedure), the parties will meet with the mediator to agree the procedure to be adopted for the mediation, unless otherwise agreed between the parties and the mediator.
11.5 All negotiations connected with the relevant dispute(s) will be conducted in confidence and without prejudice to the rights of the parties in any further proceedings.
11.6 If the parties agree on a resolution of the dispute at mediation, the agreement shall be reduced to writing and, once signed by the duly authorised representatives of both parties, shall be final and binding on them.
11.7 If the parties fail to resolve the dispute(s) within 60 days (or such longer term as may be agreed between the parties) of the mediator being appointed, or if either party withdraws from the mediation procedure, then either party may exercise any right to seek a remedy through arbitration by an arbitrator to be appointed by our lawyer under the rules of the Swiss Arbitration Scheme.
GLOBAL MEDICAL CARE COOKIES POLICY
What are Cookies (and Similar Technologies)?
There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from the website or application you are browsing and others come from third parties which place cookies. Such types of cookies are commonly categorized as “First Party Cookies” and “Third Party Cookies”, respectively.
Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device.
“Session Cookies” are limited to the duration of you visit to the relevant website or application, and are terminated when you exit the website or application. “Persistent Cookies” will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies used by Global Medical Care
Global Medical Care may use, with respect to its Website and Services, different cookies, including contain first party cookies and third party cookies, strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, and performance (analytic) cookie and advertising cookies.
- Information about your operating system and device;
- Webpages accessed within the Website and Services, the link that led you to there, dates and times you accessed the Website and Services, event information (e.g. system crashes) and general location information (i.e. city or region).
- Information provided on the Website and Services by users in order to streamline the user’s experience and prevent user from having to re-enter information during the next visit to the our Website and Services;
- Number of visitors on the Website and Services and which webpages have been viewed;
- To the extent we are using cookies for advertising purposes, we may collect advertising user ID and information associated with targeted advertising.
Categories of Cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies– These cookies are necessary to enable the communication between the user’s device and the website or application, or to provide the user with services requested by him/her, such cookies are used for the sole purpose of carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to allow the provider of an online service to provide its services as explicitly requested by users.
- Functionality Cookies– These cookies allow the website or application to remember choices the user made (such as username, password, language preferences, or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features, to improve the user’s experience on the website or application.
- Performance (Analytic) Cookies– These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website or application, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they are likely to get error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect aggregate information that does not identify a specific user personally. These cookies are used to improve how a website or application works, analyze use patterns of the website or application, and assist the provider to maintain and improve its services.
- Advertising (Targeting) Cookies– These cookies are used to deliver personalized advertisements to the user. Such cookies may be used to analyze a user’s preferences in accordance with the contextual information about the user’s activities on the website or application (for example, if a user is surfing a webpage displaying an article about a sporting event, cookies may be used to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans), or to correlate between a user and information about such user collected from other website or applications (for example, to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans based on the user’s profile in other website or applications). These cookies are used to promote advertising campaigns of website and application owners or those of third parties, as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Advertising cookies are usually placed by advertising networks, which connect between the relevant advertiser and the location of publication of the advertisement.
How To Manage Cookies
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device when browsing and using the Website and/or Services, you can adjust your browser settings to manage or reject such cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your Internet browser. For more information on how to change your browser settings, click on the Help section of your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers also allow you to see what cookies are currently stored on your device and selectively delete them as you wish.
See below links to common browsers enabling the control of cookies:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
Please note however, that if you choose to disable certain cookies, some features of the Website and/or Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Changes and Updates